Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Social Media for a Small Business

I had the good fortune this semester to have a group project with three of my fellow 10th cohort members and a UA undergrad. When I first started library school online I was concerned about the group project aspect of the curriculum because I thought it would be hard connecting with my classmates and coordinating our schedules. I was grossly underestimating the focus and determination of my cohort, though, and it was nice to have one last reminder of what a great group this has been to work with.

Meredith, Julia, Kristina, Darcy, and I were tasked with helping a Tuscaloosa business owner decide which social media platforms she should use to promote her brand. Each of us worked on a different platform (I had Instagram), and then I combined all of our sections into a final report. We decided that she could benefit from employing all of the platforms we had investigated, so we assembled a schedule for her to roll them out, so that she would not be overwhelmed by all of them at once. Our final report is posted on Julia's blog, and Meredith will be submitting it to the business owner, who will hopefully not be too overwhelmed by its length.

No comments:

Post a Comment